[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Summary of Whois studies: findings on prevalence of P/P service usage

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Feb 18 18:30:06 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Attached please find a document that attempts to summarize the various
studies that have been done by/for ICANN to date concerning the rate of
usage of privacy and/or proxy services. We have included links to all the
studies, which we will also upload to the WG wiki. The document highlights
the specific findings of each study on the topic (as requested by Steve and
others), and includes a section summarizing the percentage rates found by
NPL in its recently-concluded Privacy & Proxy Abuse Study (as requested by
Volker). We have also noted the sample sizes and methodology used for each
study, where available.

We hope this is useful and answers some of the queries raised on the call
earlier today.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org

* One World. One Internet. *