[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] For review - updated templates Cat B, questions 1 and 2

Luc SEUFER lseufer at dclgroup.eu
Fri Feb 28 10:37:02 UTC 2014

So this means that the 2013 RAA whois details verification obligation to which registrars are bound should be sufficient then. Or am I missing something?

For example if someone registers a domain name using a privacy service set of details and their address got anonymised (from luc at seufer.mail<mailto:luc at seufer.mail> to privacycustomers12345689997 at privacy.mail<mailto:privacycustomers12345689997 at privacy.mail> the latter forwarding to the former), the fact remains that both addresses need to be functioning or the verification process will fail and the registrar will suspend their services for this domain name.

Therefore aside from the verification of the underlying postal address - for which ICANN and registrars are still seeking a realistic method of implementation - the registrar’s validation should act as the proverbial birds-killer stone.

Luc