[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] For review - updated templates Cat B, questions 1 and 2

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 18:35:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Stephanie Perrin <
stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Particularly, I think that if products sold are tainted, then there is
> plenty of other consumer protection law that applies...why are we trying to
> solve that problem?

My question as well...although backed into...maybe from a different
philosophical perspective.

Just one clear distinction. My view makes no distinction between a
registrar as P/P provider or a non-registrar providing a P/P service; so
far as I care, its the service that must be regulated, and same rules
apply, regardless of origin or primary business of the provider.  The risk
is directly connected to service provision.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799