[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] revised SG-C Input Template

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Jan 7 15:13:22 UTC 2014

Hi All,
I have some proposed revisions to the SG-C Input Template. I think we
need define our terms (e.g., "reveal" and "relay") since these are
"terms of art."  I expect many people will have thoughts and opinions if
we give them clear definitions of the issues.

Plus, I think we have to view potential abuses more broadly - and
separate out the nature of the inquirers.  Law enforcement is one,
private parties (including private attorneys) are another, and they are
different.

Then within law enforcement, for example, you have countries with
different laws and different due processes. What is a criminal act in
Singapore may be protected act in the EU.

So I've broken this out a bit as more differentiated answers will help.
Edits attached with "track changes."  I'm happy to work with chairs,
co-chairs and staff on a revised/expanded version.

Coming onto the call...
Best and Happy New Year!
Kathy Kleiman