[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Follow up actions from the call yesterday

Luc SEUFER lseufer at dclgroup.eu
Wed Jan 8 17:07:02 UTC 2014

Hi Mary et alia,

Here attached are my comments on the proposed input template. As Kathy pointed out I believe some terms would benefit from being more clearly defined, but I also trust we should trim this questionnaire if we want it to be answered to.
Furthermore, asking the other constituencies if a third party (the pp provider) should disregard their local laws seems a tad odd to me. Either there is a bi or multilateral convention between the country where the illegal activity was conducted and the one of the service provider or there isn’t. Our industry may be self-regulated (or at least it like to think it is) but the fact remains that each country is sovereign on its territory.

This is again a case of national law vs contractual terms and the latter can’t supersede the former. IMHO we should take that fact in account or we will end up with a pp accreditation program that the majority of providers can’t abide by/ or that can’t be legally enforceable, just like the 2013 RAA.

Best Wishes,

Luc