[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] WG Status

Campillos Gonzalez, Gema Maria GCAMPILLOS at minetur.es
Fri Jan 10 11:01:33 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

Thank you, Don, for the reminder. I´ve been reviewing the WG Charter. It includes a set of "minimum" questions to be addressed, and two additional issues to be considered. I do not draw out from the Charter that studying procedures and rules for cooperation with LEAs is out of the WG´s scope. Besides, one of the "minimum" questions is "What circumstances, if any, would warrant access to registrant data by law enforcement agencies?". No territorial restriction is added.

I have also gone through the paper "DEFINITIONS, SUMMARY OF RELEVANT WORK & REFERENCE LIST" and I found that the issue of privacy and proxy services has been examined before. In particular, I notice the "NPL'S Study on Privacy & Proxy Service Abuse (September 2013)", that concluded that a significant percentage of domain names used to conduct illegal or harmful Internet activities are registered via privacy or proxy services to obscure the perpetrator´s identity" (page 7/16).

Kind regards,

Gema Campillos Glez