[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Follow-up question from yesterday's PPSAI WG Meeting

Libby Baney libby.baney at fwdstrategies.com
Wed Mar 5 16:23:12 UTC 2014

Volker, James, Graeme --

Thank you again for your presentations during yesterday's PPSAI WG meeting.
As we consider accreditation standards for p/p service providers, it is
very helpful to be reminded of the range of business models and practices
in the p/p industry.

At the risk of opening a "can of worms" with the following question, I'd
greatly appreciate if Volker could share further insight into the following
(note, I did ask in the chat but it seems we ran out of time to address it):

Volker -- you noted that it is against your terms of service to use
protected domains for commercial purposes. I can't help but wonder, what is
your operating definition of "commercial" for purposes of enforcing this
company policy?

To other p/p service providers -- do any of you have a similar policy, and
if so how do you distinguish commercial vs. non-commercial use?

Thanks in advance for indulging my curiosity.

Libby

--
Libby Baney, JD
President