[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] PPSAI WG -- questions for list

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Thu May 22 08:16:29 UTC 2014

Hi Billy,

actually, there is another, more common reason for using another
registrars privacy details: Domain transfers.

In many cases, a domain gets transferred with the privacy details still
in place and the data gets copied over. I would say that 90% of all
cases where we see another registrars privacy settings in domains
registered with us, the registrant simply forgot to turn off the service
prior to the transfer and the domain was transferred in with that data
in place.

Volker

Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851