[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] PPSAI WG -- questions for list

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Thu May 22 18:42:47 UTC 2014

Hi Kiran,

Please note the following paragraph from this same section: In rare case,
a Chair may decide that the use of polls is reasonable. Some of the
reasons for this might be:
o A decision needs to be made within a time frame that does not allow for
the natural process of iteration and settling on a designation to occur.
o It becomes obvious after several iterations that it is impossible to
arrive at a designation. This will happen most often when trying to
discriminate between Consensus and Strong support but Significant
Opposition or between Strong support but Significant Opposition and
Divergence.

I believe in the case of the IGO/INGO PDP, the first reason applied as the
aim was to complete the PDP in an expedited manner.

Best regards,

Marika