[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Agenda and documents for WG meeting on Tuesday 11 November

Kiran Malancharuvil Kiran.Malancharuvil at markmonitor.com
Tue Nov 11 14:57:31 UTC 2014

Apologies, I'm unable to attend this call today. I will catch up with the transcript.

Thanks,

Kiran

Kiran Malancharuvil
Internet Policy Counselor
MarkMonitor
415-419-9138 (m)

Sent from my mobile, please excuse any typos.

On Nov 10, 2014, at 2:58 PM, Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org<mailto:mary.wong at icann.org>> wrote:

Dear WG members,

Here is the proposed agenda for the next WG meeting, on Tuesday 11 November:

  1.  Roll Call/Updates to SOI
  2.  Continue deliberations on Category G in relation to termination/de-accreditation of P/P providers
  3.  Continue deliberations on Category F (if time permits)
  4.  Next steps

For Agenda Item #2 - we hope that the staff summary of the current registrar termination/de-accreditation process that was sent to you over the weekend is helpful.

For Agenda Item #3 - the Chairs have asked that we resend the WG’s preliminary recommendations for Category F (attached). They have also asked that we highlight those aspects of the preliminary recommendations that relate directly to the termination of P/P services to a customer.

As you’ll see from the attached document (on pp. 3-4), the WG’s current preliminary conclusions in relation to termination of service to a customer and resultant Publication of customer details in Whois center on the proposed obligation of P/P providers to disclose the following in their Terms of Service:

  *   The specific grounds upon which a provider will Publish a customer’s details, suspend service, or terminate service
  *   The meaning (per the WG’s definition) of Publication and its consequences
  *   Whether a customer will be notified when the provider receives a request either for Disclosure or Publication
  *   In the case of Publication, whether a customer will have the option to cancel its domain name registration prior to and in lieu of Publication

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org<mailto:mary.wong at icann.org>

<Cat F - as of 2 Nov 2014.pdf>