[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Some updates on WG questions for staff from the last PPSAI WG call

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Tue Nov 18 11:20:01 UTC 2014

Hi Mary,
> On whether ICANN "guarantees" that a registrant whose domain is bulk
> transferred will enjoy the same terms with the gaining registrar --
> although in evaluating a bulk transfer to a potential gaining
> registrar ICANN reviews many different aspects of a registrar's
> operations, we do not "guarantee" this.
Looking at this from a provider perspective:
I cannot see how this could be guaranteed. A domain transferred to
another registrar may enjoy the same level of protection, but it may
not. A bulk transfer may even result in the domain name registration
being forced entirely out of privacy protection, for example if the new
registrar does not offer that service and the previous provider only
services selected registrars.

Best,

Volker