[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 18 November 2014 at 1500 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Nov 18 22:58:08 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 18 November 2014 at 15:00 UTC. at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20141118-en.mp3
On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Steve Metalitz - IPC
Graeme Bunton – RrSG
Frank Michlick – Individual
Don Blumenthal – RySG
Chris Pelling – RrSG
Justin Macy - BC
Susan Kawaguchi – BC
Kristina Rosette – IPC
Val Sherman – IPC
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Theo Geurts - RrSG
Stephanie Perrin - NCSG
David Cake - NCSG
Michele Neylon – RrSG
James Bladel – RrSG
Tatiana Khramtsova – RrSG
Griffin Barnett – IPC
Christian Dawson-ISPCP
Darcy Southwell – RrSG
Dick Leaning – no soi
Alex Deacon – IPC
Brian Winterfeldt – IPC
Carlton Samuels – ALAC
Kathy Kleiman – NCSG
Jim Bikoff – IPC
Paul McGrady – IPC
David Hughes – IPC
David Heasley - IPC

Apologies :
Sarah Wyld – RrSG
Holly Raiche – ALAC
Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP
Phil Corwin – BC

ICANN staff:
Mary Wong
Marika Konings
Amy Bivins
Nathalie Peregrine
Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/
Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Terri Agnew
-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 18 November 2014:

     Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the PPSAI call  on 18 November 2014

  Chris Pelling:afternoon all :)

  richard leaning:afternoon evryone

  Theo Geurts:Good afternoon all

  Theo Geurts::)

  Kathy:Hi All - sorry to be gone for two weeks.

  Bladel:Morning.  Don't have much of a voice today, so I'll probably be in listen-only mode. :(

  Don Blumenthal:James, don't invite cheap shots. :)

  Frank Michlick:Good morning.

  Graeme Bunton:Here-ish, currently in frankfurt.

  Kathy:Maria did not run for Council again from NCSG

  Bladel:Ah, ok.  Thought she was term-limited.

  Kathy:Could be both -- we'll certainly miss her on Council! (NCSG)

  Kathy:And there would be lots of questions!

  Bladel:Did I lose audio?

  Stephanie Perrin:Sound?

  Frank Michlick:So quiet

  Griffin Barnett:I don't have any audio either

  Kathy:No sound problem now

  Graeme Bunton:Sounds OK to me via Adobe

  Theo Geurts:all good here on adobe

  Bladel:No, it's back now.

  Darcy Southwell:All good for me

  Alex Deacon:loud and clear on adobe

  Justin Macy:Sounds ook

  Mary Wong:Thanks!

  Frank Michlick:Michele is having problems connecting to Adobe

  Frank Michlick:He's trying to join us

  richard leaning:its ok with adobe

  Bladel:Lets dive in!

  Terri Agnew:Carlton Samuels and David Cake have joined

  Carlton Samuels:Morning all. Apologies for late connection. Real challenge this morning with my ISP

  Kathy:Glad you are here, Carlton!

  Kathy:and David!

  Mary Wong:Just a note on Cat A - there are a couple other charter questions that the WG agreed to defer to the end of our deiliberations. We will therefore have to deal with these after our review of A-G.

  Kathy:Can we add this to the technical issues that we are looking at -- e.g., the transfer issues?

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Michele Neylon

  Michele Neylon:I've been on the audio bridge

  Michele Neylon:just having issues with browsers

  Carlton Samuels:Implementation issue

  Michele Neylon:ended up installing firefox

  steve metalitz:+1 to Carlton , best to leave to implementation -- which could include new field

  Chris Pelling:I remember the point of adding a field to the whois

  Carlton Samuels:FWIW, the EWG did not have a problem recommending new fields for the RDDS record but this decision was predicated on a whole new definitional class of interests

  Kathy::-)

  Kathy:@Mary, can you add to the Notes: any implications to adding a field in the Whois?

  Carlton Samuels:A P/P identity may be recorded by a flag, too. All would be processed by the EPP or new RDAP protocol

  val sherman:+ 1 to Susan

  steve metalitz:What Susan is advocating is what we have in prelim conclusion "as an exmaple"

  steve metalitz:example

  Graeme Bunton:Thats a reasonable point James

  Bladel:It's a good point, Stephane, but probably not part of B1.

  steve metalitz:@Stephanie, That's covered by B3.

  Carlton Samuels:@Steph: Domain transfer process would actually benefit, IMO.

  Stephanie Perrin:Just please let the record show that Michele asked me to expand on my comment :-)  This does not happen often..

  Stephanie Perrin:ON a serious note, thanks Steve, we can expand on it in B3

  Kathy:That's an important point.

  Kathy:Great, tx Paul.

  Terri Agnew:Volker Greimann has joined

  Stephanie Perrin:It would be great to resend this interim spec, please.

  Stephanie Perrin:+1 Kathy

  Carlton Samuels:@Kathy: +1 to adding details - at least the labels with examples here.

  Bladel:STephanie:  It's section 2.1 of this spec:

  Bladel:https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#privacy-proxy

  Carlton Samuels:@Steve: +1 Minimum standards but for completeness, I again recommend the EWG's approach; say what we mean with enough detail to allow a sense of the room to be carried forward

  Kathy:@Steve, I like the idea of telling the customer directly -- the details directly (whatever they are - baseline or more...)

  Kathy:@Carlton, are we saying the same thing?

  Bladel:Publication on the provider's website allows customers to investigate services before registration.

  steve metalitz:https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#privacy-proxy  is interim spec

  Carlton Samuels:@Kathy: Yes, I think so

  steve metalitz:sorry for duplication of link James already sent!

  Carlton Samuels:@Kathy: Again, +1

  steve metalitz:Sorry, have to drop off a bit early.

  Kathy:@Mary, can we add "consideration of parity and clarity" to the Notes

  Stephanie Perrin:Carbon monoxide warnings on hibachis are a better analogy from my perspective.   I was just going with Michele's example.

  Chris Pelling:I agree with Michele

  Kathy:Agree with Michele

  Frank Michlick:Agree with Michele

  Alex Deacon:also agree