[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Eureka

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 27 21:15:12 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone

I think we have forgotten conversations that were held some time ago pointing out that anyone can provide what, in fact if not name, is a p/p service.  The example used was a person helping out an elderly relative out by being the front person for the relative’s website.  How would anyone know that is the case.  But the larger question is the extent to which that is a problem.  Granted, once the service goes beyond one relative, to many relatives, to the whole village/suburb, there is an issue.  So I think we accepted some time ago that there will always be tiny/small players that will be hard to identify, let alone take action against.  And unless ICANN actually forbids anyone acting as a p/p provider (and how would that be enforced!) not every p/p provider will be caught by accreditation requirements.  Are we worried and, if so, is there anything we can do anyway.

Holly