[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 02 September 2014 at 1400 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Sep 2 20:39:22 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 2 September 2014 at 14:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140902-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Griffin Barnett – IPC

Tatiana Khramtsova – RrSG

Frank Michlick – Individual

Volker Greimann-RrSG

Don Blumenthal – RySG

David Heasley-IPC

Jim Bikoff-IPC

Alex Deacon – IPC

Chris Pelling – RrSG

Tobias Sattler – RrSG

Todd Williams – IPC

Kathy Kleiman – NCSG

Phil Corwin – BC

Justin Macy - BC

Susan Kawaguchi – BC

Kristina Rosette – IPC

Darcy Southwell – RrSG

Amr Elsadr – NCUC

Paul McGrady – IPC

Libby Baney – BC

Phil Marano – IPC

Holly Raiche – ALAC

Sarah Wyld – RrSG

Christian Dawson – ISPCP

Susan Prosser – RrSG

Victoria Scheckler - IPC

Apologies :

Lindsay Hamilton-Reid – RrSG

Stephanie Perrin – NCSG

Michele Neylon – RrSG

Carlton Samuels – At-Large

Sean McInerney – no SOI

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Marika Konings

Amy Bivins

Maryam Bakoshi

Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg> https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 02 September 2014:

Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the PPSAI WG call on the 2nd September 2014 at 14:00 UTC

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Holly, dialing out to you now

  Holly Raiche:Thanks

  Tobias Sattler:Hi there

  Chris Pelling:good afternoon all

  Graeme Bunton:G'morning all

  Kristina Rosette:Greetings. Apologies for being late.

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Dialling in now.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Amr, attendance noted

  Amr Elsadr:Thnx. :)

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Susan Kawaguchi has just joined

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Phil Marano and Vicky Scheckler are on the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jim Bikoff is also on the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Paul McGrady is in the Ac room

  Graeme Bunton:Nope!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Griffin Barnett is also on the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Libby Baney has joined the room

  Graeme Bunton:someone's mic needs to get muted

  Mary Wong:Please mute your mics unless you're speaking - thanks!

  Graeme Bunton:vigourous typing

  Frank Michlick:who is typing next to their mic?

  Chris Pelling:still typing :p

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Kathy Kleiman is on the phone bridge

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Operaor is tyring to isolate typionng noise

  Nathalie  Peregrine:please all mute mics

  Nathalie  Peregrine:and phones when not speaking

  Chris Pelling:this quality of call today is pretty poor

  Chris Pelling:lots of clicking

  Amr Elsadr:I'm sorry. I haven't gone through this document yet. Trying to read it now.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@Chris, I'm on the phone bridge, but do not hear clicking

  Nathalie  Peregrine:would you like us to dial out to you to improve your line?

  Amr Elsadr:I can hear the clicking too.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:ok let me see what the operator can do, as I cannot hear it.

  Volker Greimann:the clicking is clearly audible on the Adobe audio bridge

  Volker Greimann:now it is gone

  Chris Pelling:Nathalie, no - but I was not the only one hearing it and it was annoying - right now its gone, thanks

  Mary Wong:Following up on Kathy's question - the NCSG's suggsetion regarding considerations of anti-competitive activity and small business challenges is listed under the question relating to Safeguards (in this new document, Section II Question 3.)

  Graeme Bunton:Often both, Steve

  Libby Baney:I've heard use of the phrase "legitimate" request, and evaluate "on its merits." It is unclear to me what those terms mean. Where are they defined? Is it the charge of this group to establish the standard?

  Volker Greimann:Difficult. Currently, our review gives us the necessary leeway to make a case-by-case decision.

  Amr Elsadr:Is it practicle to try to standardize what is a "legitimate" request? Couldn't that vary according to the jurisdiction the P/P provider exists in?

  Chris Pelling:All notices into us are case bny case, you cannot mask it down to a set of rules as things will fall through the cracks

  vicky sheckler:in considering legitimate request, need to consider jdx of complainant as well

  Chris Pelling:phone crackling is back

  Holly Raiche:@ Chris - I thing that was my question - how hard will it be to understand base line istuations of disclosure

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Operator is working to isolate the line

  Nathalie  Peregrine:please all mute phones and AC room mics when not talking

  Amr Elsadr:Does minimum standard = standard? I don't think so. A minimum standard would be required, but may not actually warrant a reveal. A strict standard would, wouldn't it?

  Chris Pelling:very good point Kathy

  Volker Greimann:we are back to the cracking noice on the adobe bridge

  Paul McGrady:Sounds is going in and out.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:we're orking on it

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Working

  Graeme Bunton:I'd have to ask compliance for a concrete answer

  Volker Greimann:Addition: Anonymous complaints go directly to the bin. No response, no recourse!

  Chris Pelling:gone all quiet

  Nathalie  Peregrine:There is no issue with the Ac audio, someone on the phone line was creating static, that person has now been muted and informed.

  Chris Pelling:ill take my hand down

  Chris Pelling:UDRP is there and the UDRP service will request a reveal

  Chris Pelling:its to do with the "domain" not the content though

  Chris Pelling:We siggest to the registrant that they seek professional advice

  Chris Pelling:@Kathy

  Chris Pelling:suggest *

  Chris Pelling:thank you all :)

  Holly Raiche:thanks steve

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Very interesting discussion.