[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] With updated attendance: MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 09 September 2014 at 1400 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Sep 10 06:45:13 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 9 September 2014 at 14:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140909-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Griffin Barnett – IPC

Tatiana Khramtsova – RrSG

Frank Michlick – Individual

Volker Greimann-RrSG

Don Blumenthal – RySG

David Heasley-IPC

Jim Bikoff-IPC

Chris Pelling – RrSG

Tobias Sattler – RrSG

Kathy Kleiman – NCSG

Justin Macy - BC

Susan Kawaguchi – BC

Kristina Rosette – IPC

Darcy Southwell – RrSG

Amr Elsadr – NCUC

Paul McGrady – IPC

Libby Baney – BC

Phil Marano – IPC

Holly Raiche – ALAC

Sarah Wyld – RrSG

Christian Dawson – ISPCP

Victoria Scheckler - IPC

Michele Neylon – RrSG

Lindsay Hamilton-Reid – RrSG

James Bladel – RrSG

Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP

Val Sherman – IPC

David Heasley – IPC

Kathy Kleiman – NCSG

Luc Seufer – RrSG

Keith Kupferschmid – IPC

David Hughes – IPC

Phil Corwin - BC

Apologies : none

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Marika Konings

Mike Zupke

Amy Bivins

Daniela Andela

Maryam Bakoshi

Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg> https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 09 September 2014:

Maryam Bakoshi:Dear All, welcome to the PPSAI WG meeting on Tuesday, 9th September 2014

  Tobias Sattler:Hi there

  Chris Pelling:ello Tobias :)

  Chris Pelling:Hey James and Mike :)

  Graeme Bunton:Someone is a little huffy puffy on the line

  Bladel:SOunds like the ocean. :)

  Mary Wong:Sorry, it may be us in the DC office .... we're in a conference room with blasting AC

  Val Sherman:Hello All! David Heasley also on the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Amr Elsadr has joined the call, and David has been notedf for attendancem, thanks Val

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Lindsay Hamilton-Reid has joined the AC room

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Paul McGrady is also on the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:David Hughes is on the audio bridge

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Kristina Rosette has joined the call

  Bladel:Are we taking a queue on this?

  Mary Wong:@James, yes

  Graeme Bunton:Can do

  Don Blumenthal:I was about to jump in

  Bladel:Ok, I'll raise my hand.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Osvaldo Novoa is also on the call

  Chris Pelling:can this doc that ICANN has provided for discussion be sent out to us ?

  Chris Pelling:might be a useful read over a few times

  Mary Wong:@Chris, I thought Mike meant these slides?

  Chris Pelling:Hey Mary, yes, I can flick through them, but, cant download them

  Kathy:I don't understand the "technical limitation" ... could you rephrase please?

  Mary Wong:@Chris, apologies - I think I sent them around this a.m. and they're on the wiki page too; hang on for the link.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Phil Marano has joined the AC room

  Mary Wong:https://community.icann.org/x/wAzxAg

  Chris Pelling:Cheers Mary

  Don Blumenthal:The slides did go out this morning

  Don Blumenthal:Unaffiliated p/p services exist alrady.

  Graeme Bunton:Besides lawfirms?

 Don Blumenthal:Yes. I'll find and post later.

  Kathy:Helpful answers, Mike, tx you

  Kristina Rosette:Numerous unaffiliated providers already exist.

  vicky sheckler:unfortunately need to drop off

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Vicky

  Don Blumenthal:Susan K?

  Kathy:It's our fault (Whois Review Team) - and we talked about Best Practices too (for p/p)

  Kathy:Escrow can be done privately -  with access to the keys by ICANN in the case of emergency/breach/failure

  Susan Kawaguchi:I agree with James

  Don Blumenthal:Thanks. I wanted ot make sure which Susan James meant. We have nore than one in the WG.

  steve metalitz:RAA 2013 already requires escrow of customer data on proxy registrations made by registrar or affiliates in connection with the registration.  3.4.1.5 and 3.6 .

  Kathy:@steve: true, but I wonder why Mike Z had questions about disclosure of u nderlying data in the advent of a p/p provider failure

  Kathy:?

  Libby Baney:@Steve +1 re need for articulated standard

  Kathy:to summarize: choices for p/p terms of service may include both publication and/or takedown (and the customer may have a say in that)

  Mary Wong:@Steve, @Kathy, from our review of the sampled providers who responded, very few distinguish specifically between publication and disclosure in terms of which ground will lead to which.

  steve metalitz:@Kathy: (1) Agree that service provider failure is a separate question (2) re alternative remedies for termination (other than publication), do any providers currently provide them?

  Lindsay Hamilton-Reid:If terminated, surely publication is unavoidable?

  Graeme Bunton:thanks James

  Mary Wong:@Lindsay, that seems to be the case, if one simply reviews the T&Cs we received. At least one provider makes that explicit ie tells the customer outright in its T&Cs that this is the case.

  Amr Elsadr:@Michele: Not sure why you feel a choice between publication/disclosure and takedown is messy. A registrant could be given the choice, right? That would mean the decision is not the service provider's. Have I misunderstood what you were saying?

  Kathy:@Steve and All, let's go back to old notes on this topic -- and summaries of agreement

  Kathy:I was just typing what James is saying: disclosure first then publication...

  Mary Wong:@Kathy, did you mean sub-question (d) (on screen now)?

  Mary Wong:Oops, I meant (c) not (d)

  Kathy:@Mary, yes!

  Amr Elsadr:@James: +1. Especially with making the distinction between the context of the situation (misdemeanor vs. fellony).

  steve metalitz:I think James was using "felony" and "misdemeanor" metaphorically and not literally.

  Michele Neylon:@Amr if you paid for services using a stolen credit card you don't have any rights

  Lindsay Hamilton-Reid:Thanks Mary.

  Amr Elsadr:@Michele: Thanks. Understood. Yes..., of course, which is why the context makes a difference.

  Kathy:Interesting call today!

  Bladel:SOrry, I have a hard stop at the top fo the hour.  THanks everyone.

  Kathy:Many good issues touched on

  Kathy:Tx Don and all!

  Mary Wong:Please let us know if you have any other questions for Amy and Mike.

  Graeme Bunton:thanks all

  Luc Seufer:merci

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.

  _____