[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Domains By Proxy - Trademark/Copyright Infringement Policy

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Wed Sep 17 21:49:35 UTC 2014

Domain.com¹s Domain Privacy Service TOS is available here
<http://www.domain.com/legal/legal_domain.bml#domain-privacy-service> .
Similar to Tucows, we prefer complainants work out any issues directly with
registrants, and we do our best to communicate with both about the issue.

Generally, we direct all abuse complaints to our compliance team and have
processes in place to investigate those complaints.  We reserve the right to
suspend services for almost any reason, as is typical of online terms of
service; however, in practice, we need to be reasonably certain that we
suspend services as the result of legitimate abuse situations and not
because of bogus, unsubstantiated, or unfounded complaints.

If the complaint relates solely to trademark infringement within a domain
name (and not website content), we usually advise the complainant to follow
the UDRP.

For all other abuse issues, we review each report for potential terms of
service violations.  If we are able to confirm the alleged abusive behavior,
we usually suspend the domain name and/or website as a result, including
suspension of the whois privacy, resulting in the publication of the
underlying whois.  If we are unable to substantiate the alleged abusive
behavior, we usually suggest the complainant contact the registrant directly
through the private whois information or obtain a valid court or
administrative order and submit it to us.   We will also forward the
complaint directly to the customer so he/she can respond directly.

The uniqueness of each complaint means we do not always handle a particular
issue exactly the same; each complaint is evaluated on its own merits.

Darcy Southwell
Director, Registrar Compliance | The Endurance International Group
Mobile +1.503.453.7305 | darcy.southwell at endurance.com | Skype:
darcy.enyeart