[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Questions for P/P providers from the WG call earlier today

Keith Kupferschmid keithk at SIIA.net
Mon Sep 22 17:58:36 UTC 2014

My apologies if I missed something, but I have not seen any responses to the questions posed below.  I think it would be very helpful if the P/P providers could respond to these questions prior to tomorrow's meeting if at all possible.

Keith Kupferschmid

From: gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Mary Wong
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:38 PM
To: PPSAI WG
Subject: [Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Questions for P/P providers from the WG call earlier today

Dear WG members,

With the Chairs' consent, I'm sending on the questions that were asked by several WG members during the call earlier today, in the hopes that those members who are or know of P/P providers and their practices can respond. If links to or copies of provider practices and policies can be provided, that would be very helpful too.

 1.  What are provider practices regarding customer notification when a disclosure request is received, and is the customer given the opportunity to respond? (Note - on the call, James had agreed to provide information about DBP; Graeme and Michele had responded on behalf of their respective companies - perhaps other providers besides DBP can also step in here?)
 2.  Does any provider offer its customer an option other than disclosure or publication, e.g. an opportunity to cancel the registration instead (i.e. what some WG members have mentioned as a "takedown")?
 3.  What are provider "standards" for determining disclosure to third parties?
 4.  Can providers give the WG some general information about the percentage of requests for disclosure that are successful
 5.  For Q4, do providers also have information about the type of claims those relate to e.g. If they are from LEA, 3P IP claim etc.?
As also noted on the call, the Chairs will discuss some of the responses and suggestions that were made, with a view toward hopefully offering some kind of summary or recommendation in time for the call next week.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org<mailto:mary.wong at icann.org>