[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Questions for P/P providers from the WG call earlier today

Chris Pelling chris at netearth.net
Tue Sep 23 14:21:38 UTC 2014

Hi Kathy,

Let me give you an example that happened a few years ago.

We had Apple request information from us, we stated that it would have
to come through their lawyers AND we require an indemnification from
Apples lawyers in case of future retaliation or come back.

Apples lawyers were hesitant until Apple were simply told provide it or
seek court order.  The domain (because we manually go over each request)
showed Apples TM, this site was not in the US, but, it was in the UK
where we have offices, and hence why we gained the indemnity.

So we as registrars DO take each and every case on its merits as we have
too.

Kind regards,

Chris