[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Another question

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue Sep 23 14:30:46 UTC 2014

Please note that as a result of the Locking of a domain name subject to UDRP
Procedures the UDRP rules will be modified and will include the provision
below, amongst other changes (expected effective date 1 August 2015). I've
underlined the section that may be of specific interest in relation to this
conversation:

(b) Within two (2) business days of receiving the Provider¹s verification
request, the Registrar shall provide the information requested in the
verification request and confirm that a Lock of the domain name has been
applied.  The Registrar shall not notify the Respondent of the proceeding
until the Lock status has been applied.  The Lock shall remain in place
through the remaining Pendency of the UDRP proceeding.  Any updates to the
Respondent¹s data, such as through the result of a request by a privacy or
proxy provider to reveal the underlying customer data, must be made before
the two (2) business day period concludes or before the Registrar verifies
the information requested and confirms the Lock to the UDRP Provider,
whichever occurs first.  Any modification(s) of the Respondent¹s data
following the two (2) business day period may be addressed by the Panel in
its decision.

It is my recollection from the WG deliberations that in certain cases the
P/P provider does want to update the Whois details in case of a UDRP filing
in order not to be listed as the respondent in the complaint (but others can
correct me if I got that wrong).

Best regards,

Marika

 [CT1] <#_msoanchor_1>Rec.