[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Another question

Luc SEUFER lseufer at dclgroup.eu
Tue Sep 23 15:16:50 UTC 2014

Hi Kathy,

We did not offered this service ourselves until very recently. But we have dealt with several cases where at the time of the registrar verification request, the P/P provider lifted their services.
In every one of those cases, we reverted the whois details in the public database as well.

I understand that filing UDRP proceedings could be a somehow easy route to circumvent the protection granted by a P/P service, but I also trust that if a complaint is blatantly frivolous it wouldn’t pass the UDRP provider administrative check.

As to the anti-abuse provision I mentioned in the chat it’s actually in the UDRP rules. But contrary to my belief there is no sanction in case of abuse or so it seems…
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/rules-be-2012-02-25-en

15. (e)
[…]
 If after considering the submissions the Panel finds that the complaint was brought in bad faith, for example in an attempt at Reverse Domain Name Hijacking or was brought primarily to harass the domain-name holder, the Panel shall declare in its decision that the complaint was brought in bad faith and constitutes an abuse of the administrative proceeding.

Luc