[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Compilation of P/P provider responses

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu Sep 25 23:36:06 UTC 2014

Dear WG members,

Please find attached a document that staff has compiled of P/P provider
call last week, as follows:

1. What are provider practices regarding customer notification when a
disclosure request is received, and is the customer given the opportunity to
respond?

2. Does any provider offer its customer an option other than disclosure or
publication, e.g. an opportunity to cancel the registration instead (i.e.
what some WG members have mentioned as a ³takedown²)?

3. What are provider ³standards" for determining disclosure to third
parties?

4. Can providers give the WG some general information about the percentage
of requests for disclosure that are successful?

5. For Q4, do providers also have information about the type of claims those
relate to e.g. If they are from LEA, 3P IP claim etc.?

Please let me know if I have mischaracterized or omitted any response that
you may have sent (for which I offer my apologies!). If you have not yet
provided a response and are in a position to do so, or if you¹d like to add
to a response you¹d provided previously, please send it along and I¹ll make
sure it gets added to this document.

Finally, please note that certain actual provider terms of service obtained
from a sample of providers had previously been compiled as part of the draft
template for this Category F, so that may also be helpful ­ these are
available on the WG wiki here: https://community.icann.org/x/QwbxAg.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org