[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Data Collection Details

Lindsay Hamilton-Reid Lindsay.Hamilton-Reid at fasthosts.com
Tue Sep 30 10:24:52 UTC 2014

Hi Kiran

Yes we always pass on the complaint - if we feel that it is infringing we require the customer to remove the offending content or take down the website.  If they refuse, then we give them a specific period of time to remove the website before we take it down.  If we feel it is not infringing, we still let the customer know and report back to the complainant that we will not be taking any action.

While we could categorise many cases as IP infringement, it is still important to investigate each one and take it on its own merit and until the investigation is complete, it is not always clear that it could be categorised in a certain way.

Many thanks

Lindsay