[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Illustration of our opposition to automated complaint systems

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Tue Apr 7 09:13:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

as there was still some confusion about why we are asking for this, here
is an excerpt of an illustrative example we received today:

"We write on behalf of Eastbay, Inc. (“Eastbay”) regarding the
registration and use of the
domain name ymlp.com which contains the famous Eastbay trademark."

Clearly someone has done his homework on this one.

It goes on making the usualy claims under the threat of perjury, etc.

Hope this helps framing the issue.

Volker