[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] PPSAI - Proposed language on attestation - a few new words

Kiran Malancharuvil Kiran.Malancharuvil at markmonitor.com
Tue Apr 14 14:03:27 UTC 2015

Uncomplicated and light weight for whom? Looking forward to discussing in a few minutes.

Kiran Malancharuvil
Internet Policy Counselor
MarkMonitor
415-419-9138 (m)

Sent from my mobile, please excuse any typos.

On Apr 14, 2015, at 6:55 AM, Volker Greimann <vgreimann at key-systems.net<mailto:vgreimann at key-systems.net>> wrote:

This would shift the burden of proof to providers. What is a "reasonable basis"  for an assumption can probably argued by US lawyers for days.
I would very much prefer an uncomplicated, light-weight process where the complainant simply furnishes evidence of its authority to speak on behalf of the actual complainant. This need not be their entire agreement, but it should at least be a formal Power of Attorney limited to representeation for certain issues. That way, providers have something substantial in hand to link the agents actions to the complainant.

Best,

Volker