[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] FW: PPSAI - suggestions for III.B, C, and E

Williams, Todd Todd.Williams at turner.com
Fri Apr 17 20:16:20 UTC 2015

I'd be interested to hear the response to Kiran's question.  In the spirit of trying to understand the concern on this point, let me also ask another question:

For anybody who thinks that the language in III(C)(3) that Val proposed is concerning, what is the example or fact pattern that you're concerned about?  In other words, if what we're considering is the difference between:

1)      "the Provider provides adequate reasons against disclosure"; and

2)      "the Provider provides sufficient reasons for believing that the Customer is not infringing the Requestor's claimed intellectual property rights, and/or that the Customer's use of the claimed intellectual property is defensible"

then what would fall in Bucket (1) that wouldn't also fall in Bucket (2)?  Is the argument that there might be some "reasons" that might be "adequate" other than the Customer is not infringing or that the use is defensible?  If so, what would those be?  And haven't we covered them elsewhere - e.g., pretext in III(C)(5)?