[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Updated draft Initial Report

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu Apr 23 22:31:15 UTC 2015

Dear WG members,

Attached please find:
(1) the updated draft Initial Report for our Working Group, incorporating
all changes and updates as of our call this past Tuesday, 21 April and
retaining all options/wording yet to be agreed on, marked up from the 29
January 2015 version;
(2) a clean copy of that part of the Executive Summary that contains all the
WG¹s preliminary conclusions, open questions and majority/minority positions
(note the markup is fairly messy, given that significant changes have been
made to this part of the document); and
(3) a clean copy of the illustrative Disclosure Framework for trademark and
copyright-related requests (incorporated into the Initial Report as Annex
E).

All three documents have also been posted to the WG wiki, and are accessible
at: https://community.icann.org/x/TYsQAw.

We have tried our best to incorporate all the changes and updates to date,
and have as a result made significant changes to the Executive Summary from
the 29 January document. Other ­ consequent ­ changes are largely contained
in Section 7, which as you know is the more detailed and contextual text
explaining our deliberations and recommendations. Two new Annexes ­ one for
the illustrative Disclosure Framework and the other for additional
statements (if any) - have also been added. Most of the other changes to the
29 January version are therefore more of formatting, typo-correcting, and
grammar-related ones.

As always, please let us know if you spot any errors or omissions. We look
forward to finalizing the draft with everyone on the WG call next week (28
April).

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org