[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Updated draft Initial Report - timelines

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Apr 27 21:13:50 UTC 2015

Hello Kathy and everyone,

As with all other PDPs and as expected by the GNSO WG Guidelines, the
expectation is that each SG/C/interest group that is represented on the WG
would have received regular updates on the status and progress of the work,
such that the public comment period will allow for constructive and timely
community input. Do note that the public comment period we are working with
is now a minimum of 40 days (the change having been made in January 2015
following extensive review of ATRT1 & ATRT2 recommendations as well as
community feedback); it may be noteworthy to compare that with the GNSO PDP
Manual, which still foresees the public comment period following the
publication of an Initial Report as a minimum of 30 days.

In the case of our WG, the first draft Initial Report was first circulated
in December 2014, with a few revisions made to the Executive Summary and
recirculated in January 2015. It was the January 2015 draft that was updated
last week following further WG discussion on what had been identified as
open questions. In addition, the WG Work Plan was modified several times in
the last few months to postpone the publication date of the Initial Report
(although none changed the objective of having the public comment period
completed before Buenos Aires). The latest update to the Work Plan was
published after discussion with the WG two weeks ago. Additionally, as I¹d
noted when circulating the report on Thursday, the major changes from the
January 2015 draft version are concentrated in the Executive Summary and the
accompanying explanatory text in Section 7.

It is of course for the WG, guided by the Chairs, to decide whether
particular recommended periods, milestones and timelines in its Work Plan
remain adequate and workable. Depending on the WG¹s comments on the 23 April
text, this may therefore be something the WG can consider following the WG
discussion tomorrow.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org