[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Translations question

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Apr 28 13:38:17 UTC 2015

Hello Kathy and all,

The GNSO PDP Manual encourages translation of WG outcomes as follows:

"When posted for Public Comment, Staff should consider translating the
executive summaries of the Initial Reports and Draft Final Reports into
the six UN languages, to the extent permissible under the ICANN
translation policy and the ICANN budget, though the posting of any version
in English is not to be delayed while translations are being completed.²

I don¹t know off the top of my head how long this will take, although I
know that our Languages Service Department has been working to improve the
turnaround time for requests, among other areas they have identified as
part of an improved framework for making ICANN fully accessible to
speakers of various languages: https://www.icann.org/translations. Other
recent efforts include the Asia Pacific launch of a Language Localizaton
Toolkit that involves collaboration with the various linguistic
communities around the region.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org