[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] PPSAI Comment Period and Section 1.3.3

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Apr 29 03:24:07 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

As there have been several drafts circulated between 19 December 2014 and 23
April 2015, staff thought it might be helpful for WG members to recall where
and when the language in Section 1.3.3 first made an appearance. The three
questions in Section 1.3.3 of the Executive Summary (i.e. the current
language in the document) have been phrased in this way since the 29 January
2015 version ­ in which a slight change was made to Question #1. This change
was made by staff based on WG discussions on Section 1.3.3 specifically,
which discussion occurred on the WG call of 23 January 2015. However, the
other two questions remain unchanged from the original draft Initial Report
that was circulated on 19 December 2014, and it may be helpful to note that
one is taken from a WG Charter question on this topic.

All three questions were included in the draft report based on the WG¹s
discussions and agreed preliminary conclusions dating back to mid-2014,
which were presented at a community session during the ICANN meeting in
London in June 2014. The same language and preliminary conclusions were
again presented to the community at the ICANN meeting in Los Angeles in
October 2014.

We realize that it is difficult to recall exactly where, when and how
certain wording and versions may have been discussed, so we hope this is
useful. In relation to the 30 April deadline for additional statements, this
was a date discussed with the Working Group at the 14 April meeting, prior
to which the current version of the Work Plan had been circulated and to
which no further changes have been made.

Do note that as we are finalizing an Initial Report, there will be
opportunities for WG members and their communities to comment on any part of
the Initial Report during the 60-day public comment period. The WG will then
review all the public comments received and, if deemed appropriate, revise
and finalize its recommendations. At that stage, there will also be an
opportunity for the submission of additional or minority statements, if
needed, following the formal consensus call of the full WG in relation to
the Final Report.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org