[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] [gnso-secs] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 06 January 2015 at 1500 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Jan 14 18:23:08 UTC 2015

With updated mp3 link: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-06jan15-en.mp3

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Nathalie

From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew at icann.org<mailto:terri.agnew at icann.org>>
Date: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 8:49 PM
To: "gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg at icann.org>" <gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg at icann.org>>
Cc: "gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>" <gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>>
Subject: [gnso-secs] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 06 January 2015 at 1500 UTC

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 06 January 2015 at 15:00 UTC. at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20150106-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

 Attendees:

Frank Michlick – Individual

Justin Macy - BC

Val Sherman – IPC

Theo Geurts - RrSG

Stephanie Perrin - NCSG

James Bladel – RrSG

Griffin Barnett – IPC

Kathy Kleiman – NCSG

Phil Corwin – BC

Richard Leaning – no SOI

Darcy Southwell – RrSG

Todd Williams – IPC

David Heasley - IPC

Paul McGrady – IPC

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Chris Pelling - RrSG

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Vicky Scheckler – IPC

Holly Raiche – ALAC

Carlton Samuels – ALAC

Luc Seufer – RrSG

Susan Kawaguchi - BC

Alex Deacon -IPC
Keith Kupferschmid – IPC
Christain Dawson – ISPCP

Apologies :

Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP

Sarah Wyld – RrSG

Don Blumenthal – RySG

Kiran Malancharuvil – IPC

John Horton - BC

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Marika Konings

Daniela Andela

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 06 January 2015

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting on the 06 January 2015

  Graeme Bunton:That's an old agenda, no?

  Holly Raiche:The agenda does say 23 December and doesn't reflect the email spelling out what would happen on this call

  Mary Wong:Hi Graeme and Holly (aka early birds! :) - all fixed now :)

  Theo Geurts:greetings all.

  Graeme Bunton:Waiting another minute or two for stragglers

  richard leaning:hello all

  Terri Agnew:@Graeme, we are unable to hear you

 vicky sheckler:hi

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Vicky Sheckler and Keith Kupferschmid

  Keith Kupferschmid:sorry for joining late

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Stephanie Perrin and Frank Michlick

  Frank Michlick:Sorry for being late.

  Terri Agnew:Phil Corwin has joined audio

  Theo Geurts::)

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Chris Pelling

  Philip Corwin:Good morning all. 2nd of 3 ICANN calls today

  vicky sheckler:FWIW, i think its better to wait

  Chris Pelling:Sorry I am late

  Chris Pelling:Afternoon all

  Kathy:+1 James

  Christian Dawson:Apologize for tardiness

  Holly Raiche:Just a remindere that the existing specification is in force until 2017!

  Chris Pelling:Yeah, rushing this is not a good idea

  vicky sheckler:agree w/ chris

  vicky sheckler:i will be at the intersessional

  val sherman:+1 Steve -- we really haven't focused on reveal as much as on other areas. I support waiting to more fully develop our positions on this subject.

  val sherman:I will be at intercessional

  Holly Raiche:I'll be on the call

  steve metalitz:I will be at intersessional

  Darcy Southwell:I'll be on the call

  Mary Wong:Even without a WG call next week there will still be three more WG calls before Singapore

  Kathy:I'll be at intersessional

  Theo Geurts:i'll be on call

  Todd Williams:I'll be away

  richard leaning 2:as you all know am LE and represent the EU, it would be good to talk about cat f with my Collegues in singapore

  Chris Pelling:ill be on the call

  Stephanie Perrin:I will be in DC next week and not able to make the call

  Frank Michlick:I might not make it since I'll be at Namescon, but was planning on trying.

  steve metalitz:+1 Graeme re thanks to staff

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Carlton Samuels

  Carlton Samuels:Hi All, late in arriving but here and now

  Philip Corwin:I will also be at Namescon and will likely miss the call if it is held next week

  Holly Raiche:Hi Carlton

  Luc Seufer:I am not waiving any right to the formal reading of this report!

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Christian Dawson

  Mary Wong:@Alex, noted and thanks

 Kathy:@Mary and Marika: would it be possible to a redline of edits from today to  the Report - so people can quickly see the proposed change?

  Kathy:changes?

  vicky sheckler:please note we are still reviewing the draft, and may have other comments/changes to propose

  Mary Wong:@Kathy, we sure can once we're done with the changes after today

  Mary Wong:We can extract the parts discussed and redline those.

  steve metalitz:+1 Graeme re point 1

  Kathy:@Mary, tx!

  Mary Wong:FYI much of the language here reproduces what was in our Prelim Recs - but yes, the WG can agree to change them upon a comprehensive review of eveything together

  Mary Wong:@Alex, @Graeme, would that apply only to the second sentence?

  Darcy Southwell:My audio stopped working

  Darcy Southwell:I'll type my comment

  Mary Wong:i.e. non-Affiliated providers would still have to validate/verify; its just the re-verification that affects Affiliations?

  Alex Deacon:@Mary - second sentence only.

  Terri Agnew:@Darcy, please let me know if you prefer us to dial out to you

  vicky sheckler:thx mary

  val sherman:Would it be helpful to more generally clarify upfront that the accreditation scheme applies to affiliated and unaffiliated providers?

  Mary Wong:Thanks Alex

  val sherman:+1 Kathy

  steve metalitz:+1 Kathy

  Darcy Southwell:No

  Mary Wong:@Kathy can your repeat your suggestion?

  Kathy:@Mary, sure. I'll type it here...

  Darcy Southwell:In 1.3.1(3) we should clarify that verification/validation is required by P/P providers unless that P/P provider is affiliated with the registrar of record.

  Kathy:Domain name registration involving p/p providers should be clearly labelled as such in the Whois, and can be done with existing fields.

  Kathy:continuing... footnote: The WG has also explored the idea that the label might also be implemented by adding another field to Whois - and the questions that might raise.

  Luc Seufer:@James replacing may by need?

  Holly Raiche:@ Luc- I think we agreed on must

  Mary Wong:@Graeme, @James - yes, that was the concern

  Luc Seufer:@Holly thanks: good

  val sherman:+ James -- to separate these points.

  Kathy:+1 James - and dividing up the one bullet into 3 bullets makes it much clearer!

  Carlton Samuels:@James +1

  Kathy:So perhaps a footnote to #6...

 Chris Pelling:+a James

  Chris Pelling:+1 James even

  Luc Seufer:Agreed.

  Holly Raiche:Agree

  Kathy:Graeme - can you please read the footnote too?

  James Bladel:Sounds like #7 is saying the same thing three different ways/times.

  Holly Raiche:@ James - I think the point is trying to cover all the arguments that were made

  Mary Wong:@Holly, yes

  Carlton Samuels:#7 Seems more pernickety than necessary. How will the decision on type of commercial activity be determined?

  Carlton Samuels:And, who will decide the ones beyond the pale?

  Holly Raiche:@ carlton - that was exactly the issue - how would you tell anyway

  James Bladel:"should be prohibited"

  Mary Wong:@JKathy, yes I just saw that - I left in a "not" when I should not have

  Carlton Samuels:@Kathy: +1. Say it more directly!

  Stephanie Perrin:+1 Kathy

  Kathy:@edit... there is no consensus agreement on barried proxies to certain types of legal commercial activities.

  Kathy:lol

  Kathy:sorry.. barring proxies...

  James Bladel::)

  Holly Raiche:Have we discussed what is part of an accreditation requirement?

  Holly Raiche:@ James agreed

  Holly Raiche:Agree should be bi-directional

  Carlton Samuels:@Holly: It was something that was said and accepted

  Holly Raiche:Really isn't an issue - as long as - as per James - is bi-directional

  Carlton Samuels:@Mary: Yes, tht was the context in which it was discussed

  Mary Wong:@Graeme, yes exactly

  Stephanie Perrin:@Graeme absolutely.

  Stephanie Perrin:@James, you are not alone.  Totally agree

 vicky sheckler:+1 with Steve Metalitz's comments

  Mary Wong:@James, would changing the word "examples" to "starting points" help? Note that the language in the PIC and the Safeguard is very similar anyway

  Kathy:+1 Holly: links would be useful - and text too

  vicky sheckler:have to run to another meeting - apologies

  Frank Michlick:Thank you everyone - see you at Namescon

  Kathy:Tx Graeme!

  Holly Raiche:@ Graeme - well done

  Stephanie Perrin:I like starting points better...but I do think it is in principle better to not cite that GAC advice

  James Bladel:Please accept my apologies for next Tuesday.  :)

  Carlton Samuels:Thank yuo

  Luc Seufer:Thanks

  val sherman:Thanks All