[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Face to face?

Don M. Blumenthal dmb at donblumenthal.com
Wed Mar 4 00:59:07 UTC 2015

Kiran,

I see your point about burnout from an extra day. We also probably will
lose people because they can't afford additional travel expenses.

However, the last two ICANN meetings, particularly SIN, showed that we
already lose important contributors to conflicts for our sessions during
the ICANN week. Client and employer demands, and general "I'm up to my
ears in this stuff already and can catch up later" attitudes often trump
the WG. In addition, based on experience, announcing closed meetings
during the week (assuming we continue with that F2F model) invite the
aggravation of having to explain why.

I'm not a fan of an extra day. However, I think it's the only way to get
the critical mass and focus that makes the F2F worthwhile.

Don