[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] [GNSO-ppsai-pdp-wg] Openness of WHOIS

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Mar 4 10:06:30 UTC 2015

Terri

The key words in there are:
“existing policy” – that’s subject to change and there are more than half a dozen current WHOIS related activities ongoing
“applicable laws”

Both .cat and .tel whois is compliant with EU data privacy law and protects the rights of private individuals BUT allows for access to data to LEA

See: http://fundacio.cat/ca/whois-access for example

Regards

Michele

--