[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Poll fixed (Re: PPSAI WG F2F Meeting at ICANN53)

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu Mar 5 17:07:05 UTC 2015

Hello everyone - thanks for the feedback. The poll was run to try to find
the most preferred option, and I apologize that I did not highlight the
comments section at the bottom of the poll page where alternatives could
be indicated or suggested.

In respect of the questions as to purpose and priority, this pilot project
(running through this FY via a special budget request made by the GNSO
Council) originated with ATRT recommendations and community suggestions on
concrete ways to achieve effective and timely consensus in a PDP. Having
received very good feedback on the usefulness of a full-day F2F
facilitated session from the Los Angeles and Singapore meetings (with this
PPSAI and the IGO Curative Rights WGs) the Council thought that having
this WG again do a facilitated F2F meeting at another milestone of its
Work Plan could be helpful to the group's work toward a consensus-based
Final Report.

There are of course difficulties with the fact that at this point we do
not yet know for certain when our Initial Report will be published, or the
nature and number of public comments that we will be reviewing. At the
same time, it is also difficult to schedule further meetings around an
ICANN meeting (especially considering the associated travel and cost
issues) at a later time than this.

The WG chairs have asked that it be up to the WG members to determine
whether or not a F2F meeting in Buenos Aires beyond the usual 60-90 minute
community-facing session will be necessary at this stage in our work, so
while the Council will likely be interested to know the reasons for a
decision to not hold such a meeting I believe the Council will go along
with the WG¹s consensus on this question.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org