[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Agenda and documents for WG call on 31 March

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Mar 30 17:28:35 UTC 2015

Thanks, Kathy ­ just to clarify that it wasn¹t clear to us (staff) that the
list discussions resulted in agreement to change the type of signatory, from
someone who has to describe the ³nature of his/her authority to speak for
the TM (or copyright) owner², with two illustrative examples (i.e. the
authorization can be to a licensed attorney or a corporate officer), to a
more limited class consisting either of the rights-holder, legal counsel or
a corporate officer. It seemed to us that questions still remained over
issues such as parity and the need to have the request originate from
someone who has performed a legal analysis of the alleged infringement. I
apologize if that is not the case, and am happy to change the draft as
suggested for the call tomorrow.

Cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org