[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] PPSAI - Reveal requests

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 00:02:51 UTC 2015

Holly's intervention cannot be refuted in good reason.

FWIW, our objective ought to be to get to a place where reasonable men and
women can accommodate each other's competing and diametric needs without
resorting to the court house. That requires balance.

It is reasonable to assume a P/P registration, properly constituted and all
rules applied, is effected for cause. [Since 2010, I have personally
abandoned my position to deny P/P registration to businesses and allow only
individuals. I now support non-discrimination for P/P registrations, so
long as the rules apply equally, across the board. The fundamental idea is
one need not know the reason for such a registration, so long as the rules
are conserved.]

Following on, it is compelling that for a disclosure and/or reveal, it must
be the agent alleging violation of rules, process or law that must
demonstrate that it is good and reasonable to disclose and/or reveal.

We are trying to avoid going to court - which is always open to the IP
community or anyone else! - on the basis that a reasonable being will look
at the information provided in support of the allegation and agree a
disclosure and/or reveal is/are both reasonable and necessary. Trust and
verify.

There cannot be a trust deficit from the  requestor's side.  Attestation of
standing to make the request is an element of trust. Some worthy must stand
up, ready to be counted. I don't care if its a lawyer, ranking officer or
general poohbah. Just someone - someone - that inspires trust.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799