[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 3 November 2015 at 15:00 UTC

Gisella Gruber Gisella.Gruber at icann.org
Tue Nov 3 22:40:23 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 3 November 2015 at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-03nov15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03Zqpst5-2F-2BMZ0ZdABijUaS0W5ahaXwBAxPLkGU2Ab865Eq-2Bsgg-3D-3D_ExQpjP5gt1cFzAzN52twqTBV3K8BwR6GGpVa2x6T1sg8JgqSY4cfHGgpC-2F6btNvPSQ3YkDUgqog-2FbkF37-2BMajytvgnUMIVE0Tt49pYZoqVchaGh4UqHez2GxQx5cIB2MIwyhKiD4RKxVfFbpVuy1HnXp77QN-2BFBoBvNSX-2FGtcUfNQJ0zWX2Q2uCVRCL3x9CrIkwkCJvnWwS5WtffhwMUKaOOqbR7yAq0tyOYQrdQPvBU9wyXvCHV21YnUFb-2Bad1Aal63fSbKg-2BuYT87hjgEqshKgxdFkR8td47m6DKrQTHxmsbNWuzLvqL3-2BROfI4MRtS-2B-2BGNr35xwc0XcUpP-2BrHNVIORlZJZ5o8gUexao3LehU8jku2P5RKg337U6gR3gojnmV34qT-2B2Juwn1fDG9obEL3n5cfiNCkuWCkG9SFpuBxS4ZrJuYuGuJSjSPpiTXGRnthwgEs63lkMJH2FX7PlxjdO54ndOO9vUrUfs-2BxF9Eq4Bzbx3Pvd1NaEvpJ6kj5G>

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Alex Deacon - IPC
Darcy Southwell - RrSG
David Hughes - IPC
Don Blumenthal - RySG
Frank Michlick - Individual
Graeme Bunton - RrSG
Griffin Barnett - IPC
James Bladel - RrSG
James Gannon - NCUC
Kathy Kleiman - NCSG
Lindsay Hamilton-Reid - RrSG
Paul McGrady - IPC
Phil Corwin - BC
Sara Bockey - RrSG
Sarah Wyld - RrSG
Stephanie Perrin - NCSG
Steve Metalitz - IPC
Susan Kawaguchi - BC
Terri Stumme - BC
Todd Williams - IPC
Vicky Sheckler - IPC
Volker Greimann - RrSG

Apologies:
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC

ICANN staff:
Mary Wong
Gisella Gruber

Mailing list archives:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Gisella

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 3 November 2015
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the PPSAI WG call on the 3rd November 2015 at 1500 UTC
  Graeme Bunton:Meeting room is muted, and computer audio is yet to be enabled.
  Mary Wong:@Graeme, is audio/mic not working for you?
  Gisella Gruber:Good morning/afternoon to all
  Gisella Gruber:Audio has been enabled
  James Bladel:Awesome thanks.  That was my cheerful mic-check. :)
  Graeme Bunton:I'm hearing some rustley typing sounds
  Kathy:Gisella should be a Hollywood announcer
  Gisella Gruber:Darcy Southwell has joined the call
  James Bladel:Steve is a bit faint for me. Anyone else?
  Mary Wong:@Steve, the revised agenda is in the right hand side notes pod.
  Gisella Gruber:@ James - good audio for me
  James Bladel:ok.  if it persists, I'll reconnect.
  Stephanie Perrin:Was faint for me as well James. ok now.
  James Bladel:Agree, better now.
  Gisella Gruber:Paul McGrady has joined the call
  Kathy:Is an unaffiliated provider also an unaccredited provider?
  Graeme Bunton:My understanding is no, Kathy. Accredited but unaffiliated
  Kathy:tx!
  Kathy:I think this addresses very important issues - just want to check it more closely. Tx to drafters!
  Mary Wong:"Affiliated" per the 2013 RAA is defined as ""Affiliate" means a person or entity that, directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, Controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, the person or entity specified."
  Kathy:Tx Mary, can we include that in the document?
  Mary Wong:@Kathy, I'll check but I believe that is (or at least was) in the Initial Report and so should have been retained in the draft Final Report.
  Kathy:sure
  steve metalitz:Section III is on page 7 of the document on your screen
  Gisella Gruber:Bruce McDonald has joined the call
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Don!
  James Bladel:Ok thanks, Todd.
  Gisella Gruber:James Gannon joined the call
  Mary Wong:@Kathy, does "your domicile" in Option 2 mean the place of incorporation for corporate entities? Also, should it be "or" rather than "and" for the jurisdiction?
  James Bladel:Good point, Steve.  Our sevice agreements use AZ jurisdiction, but we have since reincorporated in Delaware.
  Graeme Bunton:Tucows, the Registrar, is Canadian and located in Toronto.
  Mary Wong:For clarity, UDRP rules indicate either "principal office" of registrar or RNH's address as shown in WHOIS - does that help?
  Graeme Bunton:That seems sensible, James
  Vicky Sheckler:agree w/ todd
  Vicky Sheckler:disagree w/ kathy.
  James Gannon:Agree with Kathy here
  Mary Wong:This raises conflict of laws issues - in Steve's example, would the Panama courts accept jurisdiction, and what law (choice of law) would apply to the dispute?
  James Gannon:I share James's concerns and would like to see something similar.
  Gisella Gruber:Alex Deacon has joined the call
  Stephanie Perrin:I agree with the need to see it all put together....
  James Gannon:And before its noted I think we need to assess this prior to the irt stage
  Kathy:agreed
  James Bladel:Maybe one question would be: Does anyone have any objections to asking Staff to conduct this analysis now or in the very near future?
  James Gannon:No objcetion from me
  Kathy:Steve: can you recirculate this document?
  Kathy:on the list/
  Graeme Bunton:Of course, Kathy
  Kathy:Tx Graeme!
  Mary Wong:Per Steve's comment - yes, we have only addressed those points that seem policy-related; some feedback concern specific implementation details that probably don't fit in a policy document.
  Paul McGrady:Thanks!!
  James Bladel:Thanks.