[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Proposed Text for De-accreditation

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Thu Nov 5 21:26:53 UTC 2015

Hi All,
Our deadline for edits to the Proposed Text for De-accreditation fast
approaches, so let me add a few items to the mix:

Principle 1: I would recommend adding: "to the extent possible, ICANN
should work with the provider to notify each customer directly of the
upcoming de-accreditation." We hint at it, but I think we should say so
directly.

To Principle 2, after "Each step in the de-accreditation process should
be designed so as to minimize the risk that a customer’s personally
identifiable information is made publicly. "  I would recommend adding:
     ==> "Customers whose privacy cannot be protected should be ensured
the ability to cancel their domain name registration in lieu of
disclosure or publication."  We say it in the general opening paragraph,
so it makes sense to add it to the specifics...

Do we have final definitions of accreditation and affiliation? They seem
to be key to this section.

Tx,
Kathy
**