[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Agenda and documents for WG meeting on 10 November 2015

McGrady, Paul D. PMcGrady at winston.com
Tue Nov 10 12:50:07 UTC 2015

Thanks Mary.

I'll be in transit today and while able to follow along on the phone, will not be in the Adobe and so unable to use chat or raise my hand etc.  I believe I have already said my peace on the issue of conflating attorneys (users of the DNS) with privacy/proxy services (providers of certain services within the DNS) and the dangers of sending a proposal up to the GNSO that interferes with attorney-client relationships, especially at a time when ICANN will need Congressional approval for the IANA transition (The House is 37 percent attorneys and the Senate is 53 percent attorneys, so ICANN regulating the legal profession will be of some interest on The Hill).

If the WG does get this wrong and suggests that ICANN regulate attorney-client relationships, what is the process for a minority statement on this topic?  Hopefully, it won't come to that but I've no interest in having my name associated with teeing up this big mess. Thanks!

Best,
Paul

Paul D. McGrady Jr.

Partner

Chair, Trademark, Domain Names and Brand Enforcement Practice

Winston & Strawn LLP
35 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601-9703

D: +1 (312) 558-5963