[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Action items from WG call today

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Nov 10 22:41:03 UTC 2015

Dear WG members,

Following up on the call earlier today, the co-chairs would like to
encourage everyone to continue discussions on the mailing list so that we
can finalize our recommendations soon. For your review and discussion, the
co-chairs are proposing the updated draft language below on the two main
outstanding issues, based on the most recent WG discussions.

(1) On additional language for the definition of P/P service providers:

> "The WG recommends that Registrars not knowingly accept registrations from P/P
> service providers who are not accredited through the process developed by
> ICANN. For non-accredited entities registering names on behalf of third
> parties, the WG notes that the obligations for Registered Name Holders as
> outlined in section 3.7.7 of the 2013 RAA would apply.²

(2) On Option 2 (Jurisdiction) of the Illustrative Disclosure Framework:

> "In making a submission to request disclosure of a Customer¹s contact
> information, Requester agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in
> the location specified by the Provider in its published Terms of Service,
> solely for disputes arising from alleged improper disclosures caused by
> knowingly false statements made by the Requester, or from Requester¹s knowing
> misuse of information disclosed to it in response to its request.²

Please also take this opportunity to provide feedback on the substantive
recommendations contained in the draft Final Report circulated on 8 October,
as we are finalizing an updated draft for circulation shortly.

Thank you!

Cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org