[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Accredited proxy providers vs unaccredited proxy providers

Luc SEUFER lseufer at dclgroup.eu
Tue Nov 17 11:11:14 UTC 2015

I find myself agreeing with Susan and Steve here. It should be simple either the domain name is registered by an accredited PP provider or the person whose details are appointed in the whois database are those of the registered name holder (with the meaning of the RAA).

IMO the fact that the Registered Name Holder secretly acts on the behalf of a principal doesn’t matter vis-a-vis ICANN policies. Such relationship can always be disclosed at a later stage to determine the liability of the parties but it is for the court of laws and other authorities to decide, not ICANN.

Lastly, email, hosting and all other services are not under ICANN purview, so the consequences of this program is limited to the domain registration itself.

Luc