[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Documents for WG call on Tuesday 1 September 2015

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Sep 1 10:21:54 UTC 2015

Dear WG members,

Please find attached updated documents from Sub Team 2 for the WG call
today. For your convenience, here is a summary of the changes that were made
to the original documents that were first presented to the WG on 4 August:

(1) On Question 1 (Should registrants of domain names associated with
commercial activities and which are used for online financial transactions
be prohibited from using, or continuing to use, P/P Services?  If so, why,
and if not, why not?) -
* All previous summaries have now been combined into a single document, but
the only change to the substance of the previously-reported analysis of the
specific comments numbered #1-87 in the Public Comment Review Tool was to
add references to specific commenters where previously only a general
summary of comments was reported (these references are marked in red in the
consolidated document).
* A new section has been added that summarizes the Sub Team¹s analysis and
conclusions of the comments received via the Respect our Privacy website and
the Save Domain Privacy petition.
(2) On Question 2 (If you agree with this position, do you think it would be
useful to adopt a definition of ³commercial² or ³transactional² to define
those domains for which P/P service registrations should be disallowed? If
so, what would the definition(s) be?) -
* The format and contents of the previously-reported analysis from 4 August
remain unchanged; however, specific references to commenters rather than a
general summary have been added and are shown in red
* The initial reported analysis/conclusion has not yet been updated;
instead, the Sub Team¹s latest deliberations on this question will be
presented orally to the WG on the Tuesday call for further WG discussion.
Sub Team 2 members, I hope that in consolidating these documents I¹ve not
made things more confusing - thanks to everyone for working on the various
documents, especially to Terri Stumme who did the latest additions between
the Sub Team¹s call yesterday and this email! Kiran and Terri will be
presenting the Sub Team¹s updated analysis to the WG on the call, for
Questions 1 & 2 respectively. As always, the latest documents and all
meeting recordings and transcripts can be found on the WG/Sub Team wiki
pages: https://community.icann.org/x/0YZCAw

Cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org