[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 8 September 2015 at 1400 UTC

Gisella Gruber Gisella.Gruber at icann.org
Tue Sep 8 18:31:06 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 8 September 2015 at 14:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-08sep15-en.mp3

On page:

<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#s<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep>ep<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep>

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

 Attendees:

Stephanie Perrin ­ NCSG

Todd Williams ­ IPC
Sara Bockey ­ RrSG
Roger Carney - RrSG
Frank Michlick ­ Individual

Steve Metalitz – IPC

Sarah Wyld – RrSG

Darcy Southwell – RrSG

James Bladel ­ RrSG

David Hughes - IPC
Phil Corwin – BC
James Gannon ­ NCUC
Paul McGrady ­ IPC
Susan Prosser RrSG
Alex Deacon - IPC
Luc Seufer RrSG
David Cake- NCSG
Michele Neylon - RrSG

Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC

Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP
Christian Dawson - ISPCP
Chris Pelling - RrSG
Val Sherman ­ IPC
Justin Macy – BC
Kathy Kleiman - NCSG
Vicky Schlecker – IPC
Rudi Vansnick - NPOC

Apologies :

Terri Stumme ­ BC
Holly Raiche ­ ALAC

Graeme Bunton ­ RrSG

Don Blumenthal – RySG
Lindsay Hamilton-Reid ­ RrSG

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Marika Konings

Gisella Gruer

Mailing list archives:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gisella

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 8 September 2015

   Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP WG  teleconference on Tuesday 8 September 2015

  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Hi all
  Michele Neylon:Miss?
  Mary Wong:Oops, sorry for that Michele
  Michele Neylon:Did she just speak to me and then change my gender??
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Yes =)
  Michele Neylon:I think she actually did
  Michele Neylon:wow
  Philip Corwin:Now you can star in your own reality TV show, Michele ;-)
  Philip Corwin:Good day to all
  Michele Neylon:Phil - yesh
  Mary Wong:Document is unsync'd
  steve metalitz:@Staff could you put the text up on screen pls?
  Mary Wong:Isn't it showing? It is for me - let me know!
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:I see it
  Alex Deacon:works for me
  James Bladel:Might be a cxn issue for Steve?
  Val S.:I see it too
  Frank Michlick:I think it froze for Steve
  Kathy:Steve: I see many more people in the chatroom
  P:I can see the content on the screen!
  Luc Seufer:does this mean we can type anything here and pretend Steve agrees to it and he won't be able to counter it?
  Gisella Gruber:Marika has joined the call as well
  Val S.:Electronic requests
  P:Gisella, I'm just listed as "P".  I can't figure out how to change that.  I tried logging out and in again.  Sorry!!
  P:PS: Paul McGrady
  Gisella Gruber:Thank you P! Have noted your attendance
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Paul in the top right corner of the chat window click the menu click change my info then change your name =)
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Sorry Paul the attendees window
  Kathy:Could I ask Alex for an answer to my question??
  Kathy:@Steve: that would work
  Gisella Gruber:David Hughes has joined the audio bridge
  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all, sorry I am late, an unexpected meeting
  Paul McGrady:Thanks James!
  Gisella Gruber:Osvaldo has joined the adobe connect room
  James Bladel:I'm in general agreement, just think we need to clean up the language.
  Alex Deacon:@James I think when we see the updates in context things will be clearer.
  James Bladel:Ok.  Just concerned that "all electronic communications" opens the floodgates for junk communication.  I do not want legitimate complaints to get lost in the noise.
  Alex Deacon:language clarificaiton  is always a good thing however....
  Val S.:James -- don't we allready provide that some comm can be filtered by the provider?
  Mary Wong:@Val, yes - that's one of the options in Rec 16, about what must be forwarded.
  Val S.:Right. Does that address your concern James? The recommendation applies to that comm not filtered under Rec 16.
  Stephanie Perrin:Need to make sure that PP provider has discretion
  James Bladel:Perhaps.  I'll have to go back and take al look at Rec 16
  Mary Wong:@James I'll paste the Rec 16 language into the right hand side Notes pod.
  James Bladel:Cool, thanks.
  Michele Neylon:that makes sense
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Agreed
  Stephanie Perrin:sorry I have to sign off now, running to other appt.
  Val S.:That is answered by question 1, Vicky
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Thats what the MLATs exist for
  Gisella Gruber:Please state your names for transcript purposes
  Rudi Vansnick:@Michele : isn't there a legal term/period definition for that ?
  James Bladel:defer to Mary, of course. :)
  Michele Neylon:Rudi - for what?
  Rudi Vansnick:the time between the breach and the real stop of delivery service
  James Bladel:It is september.  Last september?  :)
  Mary Wong:@James G, that's what I was referring to; the sampling was done last September.
  Kathy:@Mary: if you could repost, that would be great.
  James Bladel:Just noting that we are more likely to vigorously defend our customer info from private parties, vs. LEA.  Thanks.
  Mary Wong:I will resend the document to the mailing list.
  Luc Seufer:@James, it depends on the LEA.
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Thanks Mary
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Just about David
  Kathy:@James: Agree. quick note that LEA may be a special case. What I am thinking of more is private parties... although voluntary LEA publication is an issue too.
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Agreed Kathy
  Michele Neylon:+1
  Michele Neylon:malware etc., => hosting provider
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:OPen mic with keyboard
  Mary Wong:Please mute if not speaking, thanks
  Paul McGrady:hard to hear over the typing
  Luc Seufer:that's an old typewriter
  Michele Neylon:now forcing hosting providers to be more responsive is another problem entirely
  James Bladel:Like a newsroom from an old movie.
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Sounded like a mechinical keyboard =)
  Vicky Sheckler:it is inappropriate to suggest in this world that only one service provider should address a specific  problem.
  Vicky Sheckler:we need a multi-pronged approach
  Michele Neylon:Vicky - I think you're agreeing with me?
  Michele Neylon:or maybe not
  Mary Wong:@Steve, @Todd, let me know if/when you want me to switch to the revised Framework language.
  James Bladel:lost audio?
  James Gannon [GNSO-NCSG]:Working for me
  Alex Deacon:audio is good for me
  James Bladel:ok, just me the.n
  Chris Pelling:eyah problem with content > hosting company .  I agree with Michele
  Kathy:Please read - lots of great stuff in these subteam 3 materials
  Paul McGrady:Great call Steve!  Thanks!
  Vicky Sheckler:Michele - i agree hosting providers have a role to play , but so do registrars and p/p services, etc.
  Kathy:Tx Steve!
  Luc Seufer:thanks
  Philip Corwin:Bye all