[Gnso-rds-pdp-1] Drafting Team 2

Susan Kawaguchi susankpolicy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 06:34:38 UTC 2017

Hello All,

Since Michele is out sick I am trying to help move things forward.  We will
be discussing all the drafting team's work tomorrow on the working group
call.  We need someone from the DT to provide the final document and
present the definition and high level overview of your work.

Please let me know who will present for DT1

The leadership has been encouraging the DT's to standardized the format of
the definition and to focus on the "information collected".  I have
suggested changes to the definition below but up to the DT to revise the
definition.

*Technical Resolution*

"Information collected to enable contact of the relevant contacts to
facilitate tracing, identification and resolution of incidents, which
relate, either entirely or in part, to technical issues relating to the
DNS.

Use of such data should ordinarily be limited to those who are affected by
such issues, or by those persons who are tasked (directly or indirectly)
with the resolution of such matters on their behalf."

*Academic Research *

"Information collected to enable use of aggregate WHOIS data elements by
researchers and other similar persons, as a source for academic or other
public interest studies or research,  relating either solely or in part, to
the use of the DNS."

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Susan