[Gnso-rds-pdp-1] Drafting Team #1 - Technical Issue Resolution -and- Academic/Public Interest DNS Research

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Fri Oct 13 15:29:45 UTC 2017

All

Welcome.  You have been selected by the RDS leadership team to serve on a drafting team to define the RDS purposes named in the subject line above.  Thank you very much for volunteering to participate in this effort.
Here is the list of the team members:

Coordinated by: Michele Neylon
Members:
Greg Aaron, Alan Woods, Greg Shatan, Stephanie Perrin, Jonathan Matkowsky, Nathalie Coupet, James Galvin

As you can see, this message is being sent via a dedicated mailing list that has been set up to facilitate email communications over the next two to two and half weeks.  Please use the list for all of our electronic team communications. Note that this list is publicly archived.

Here are the list details.

Attached you will find a template that outlines our tasks and provides a timeline.  Please review it right away so that we can start discussions as soon as possible.

We plan to have at least two teleconference calls over the next two weeks, but additional ones may be scheduled as needed. At the same time, mailing list discussion is encouraged. The first call will be scheduled on Tuesday or Wednesday, October 17 or 18.  Please complete the Doodle poll linked below not later than end of day on Saturday, October 14 so that a time can be identified that best meets team member availability.

https://icannorg.doodle.com/poll/u2d6bqqm48ig8whg

Teams were formed using results from this week's poll which can be found on the WG wiki.  Every team includes:
- At least one person from each of the perspectives named in the poll wherever possible, but without assigning members to more than one team.
- A mix of members who have direct experience regarding the proposed purpose and those who have little or no experience about the proposed purpose.

Remember that the purpose of this work is not to make decisions but rather to facilitate communication and understanding.  The team is expected to deliver a one to two-page document to the full WG that will be used in our face to face meeting on Saturday, October 28 to help all WG members understand the applicable purpose.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them on this list.

Thanks in advance for completing the Doodle Poll promptly and for participating in our discussions starting today and in the days ahead.

Michele Neylon
Drafting Team Coordinator

--
Mr Michele Neylon