[Gnso-rds-pdp-6] DT6 Answers to Questions - First Draft for DT Review

Chuck consult at cgomes.com
Thu Mar 1 19:37:13 UTC 2018

Thanks, Farzaneh and Griffin for your input.  I encourage others to respond to your comments.

Keeping in mind that my roll is to coordinate our task, I am going to make some points and ask some questions that are intended to encourage further discussion.  Please do not take my comments as pushing one view over another.

First, from a process point of view, remember that our task is to answer the three questions, not to determine whether legal actions is a legitimate purpose for processing any RDS data.  The WG as a whole will debate that after we get a better understanding of the proposed legal actions purpose.  The DTs are not presently asked to redo the definitions so I suggest that we accept them as they are for now with the understanding that they may have to be revisited later when the WG tries to decide whether legal actions is a legitimate purpose for processing any RDS data.

See below for some additional input.

Chuck