[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Attendance and Mp3 Next-Gen RDS WG 05 April 2016 16:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Wed Apr 6 12:47:32 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the Next-Gen RDS PDP Working group call held on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 at 16:00 UTC.

MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-nextgen-rds-05apr16-en.mp3

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/rjJ-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday, 05 April 2016

 Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome to the Next-Gen RDS PDP WG Meeting held on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 at 16:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/8jGAAw
  Michelle DeSmyter:Member page: : member page/SOI: https://community.icann.org/x/I4xlAw
  Michelle DeSmyter:If you do wish to speak during the call, please either dial into the audio bridge and give the operator the password RDS, OR click on the telephone icon at the top of the AC room to activate your AC mics. Please remember to mute your phone and mics when not talking.
  Aarti Bhavana:Hi All!
  Michael Haffely:hi
  Ayden Ferdeline:Hello everyone
  Sana Ali:Hello!
  Ankur Raheja:Hello
  Nathalie Coupet:Hello
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:Hello
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:Am looking forward to a great meeting
  Klaus Stoll:Hi everybody. I might go in and out of the meeting as I have problems with connectivity. (hotel in France)
  steve metalitz:Can one of our able vice/co-chairs take the gavel till Chuck arrives?
  David Cake:Hello all
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:I think it would be awesome for the Vice Chairs to start
  Stacie Walsh:hiya all
  Marika Konings:Please remember to mute your lines when not speaking
  Benny Samuelsen / Nordreg AB:pleas mute mics
  Greg Mounier:Hello everyone
  Chuck Gomes:Got into Adobe. But My connect is still not working.
  Chuck Gomes:Please call me at 530 676-1754
  David Cake:You got it correct, Michele
  Jennifer Standiford:Hello All.
  Chuck Gomes:I am now connected via voice
  Lisa Phifer:That should be Tues 12 April WG call in #3 - my typo!
  Lisa Phifer:Alll input checklists are being updated daily with the new documents identified by each team
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:my phone line has been disconnected
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:I will be working with Kathy to
  Harold Arcos:Apologies for late connection,
  Lisa Phifer:The documents included in the starter list include all the documents identified by this WG during Feb/Mar as well  so no need to re-identify them - just check your team's list when suggesting a potential addition
  Ayden Ferdeline:great suggestion @Stephanie
  Lisa Phifer:The final versions of all docs are on the checklist for your teams
  Ayden Ferdeline:also, with public comments from past years, quite often their attachments are missing... i can provide examples if required
  Ayden Ferdeline:which is problematic because often the emails say, 'please see attahced'
  Stephanie Perrin:Ok, thanks.  We need research assistance, though.
  Stephanie Perrin:Perhaps that might explain my difficulty in finding the WHOIS conflicts with law approved policy, thanks Alan
  Alan Greenberg:Also MANY orphaned pages on Confluence and its predecessor Social Text, that are still around but not linked to.
  Stephanie Perrin:The problem that leaps to mind is, how much am I missing If I don't know what I am looking for?
  David Cake:Keeping track of the versioning between final drafts and final etc is something the IETF is very good at. ICANN is now definitely a mess.
  Lisa Phifer:I will be happy to be the central contact for questions on docs and links
  Kathy Kleiman:Happy Michele
  Lisa Phifer:re conflicts, it appears that the current is http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/whois-privacy/whois_national_laws_procedure.pdf
  Lisa Phifer:I will verify
  Richard Padilla:I must apologise I hadn't forgotten I got caught in traffic on my way home
  Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:i support marika's suggestion as there may be valuable community suggestions on the status of some of these documents
  steve metalitz:@Lisa, can you provide a link to the "starter list" you referred to in chat?  Thanks.
  Lisa Phifer:yes, just a moment - you will find starter lists in your team's template, but that is being built upon daily in checklists
  Lisa Phifer:Phase 1 Documents: https://community.icann.org/x/p4xlAw
  Stephanie Perrin:I am looking for the historical record of all GAC advice/communiques.  Cannot seem to find an archive that leads me to every GAC meeting.  Can you please help Lisa?
  Mary Wong:Re Stephanie's question about the Whois conflicts with national law policy, I believe the GNSO policy underlying the current procedure is here: http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/whois-privacy/council-rpt-18jan06.htm
  Stephanie Perrin:Thanks Mary!
  Mary Wong:Historic list of GAC Communiques, updated to the present: https://gacweb.icann.org/display/GACADV/GAC+Communiques
  steve metalitz:This version is dated April 4.  the most recent circulation to the privcy subgroup was da document dated April 1.  Can the updated doc be circulated?  Thanks.
  Lisa Phifer:Would you like docs to be circulated daily or just posted daily to the wiki?
  Volker A. Greimann:is it too late to volunteer for a group?
  Marika Konings:@Volker - it is never too late!
  Volker A. Greimann:and is there a group that is underpopulated or overpopulated?
  Marika Konings:@ Volker - you may want to have a look here: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58732556
  Marika Konings:no shortage of members, but each of the groups can use additional assistance as far as I understand.
  Lisa Phifer:https://community.icann.org/x/p4xlAw
  Volker A. Greimann:i will review
  Elaine Pruis - Donuts:me too
  Volker A. Greimann:thanks Chuck
  Marika Konings:Volker, so we'll have you added to the data requirements list?
  Lisa Phifer:@Steve you can find the mailing archives on the wiki too
  Lisa Phifer:That includes all of the sumaries being submitted for discussion within the small team
  Lisa Phifer:@Kathy, yes good idea - we can link the Status column of the checklist to the email message where the summary was submitted, that will help you find them
  Lisa Phifer:@Elaine are you volunteering for the data team?
  Elaine Pruis - Donuts:yes unless i'm needed somewhere else
  Lisa Phifer:Got it, we'll get you added, thanks
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:I dont think so
  Lisa Phifer:There is a section in the template for the small team to provide additional information - highlights can be included there
  Kathy Kleiman:Tx Lisa!
  Kathy Kleiman:@Lisa, I think it will help people a lot to be able to see the summaries individually on the template
  Lisa Phifer:@Kathy, suggest that each team try to work with the template to decide how to best use it. There is a section in the template for summaries for each key input doc. Work with your team lead on how to best integrate summaries received into that template.
  Kathy Kleiman:FYI - Lisa's list of what belongs in the summary:  1. Synopsis of Key Input Documents; 2. Concise Summary, drawn from Key Inputs above; 3. Additional Information (in any)
  Lisa Phifer:Summaries go in 1. Synopsis - how much of a summary is up to each team
  steve metalitz:can the reply-all glitch be fixed?
  Lisa Phifer:All PC Outlook users - make sure when you reply-all to subteam list that your reply actually includes the list not just the sender
  Lisa Phifer:@Steve, IT and GNSO Secs are working on it!
  Michele Neylon:Steve - we've asked it to be prioritiesed
  Kathy Kleiman:tx to our Leadership Team!
  Michele Neylon:it's a stupid problem to have
  Richard Padilla:Bye all
  Ayden Ferdeline:Thank you to all
  Vlad Dinculescu:thanks all
  Michele Neylon:ciao
  Fabricio Vayra:Thanks, Chuck, Michele, and others!
  David Cake:Thanks all
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:Thank
  Michael Haffely:tHANKS
  Sana Ali:thanks all