[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] possible requirements from GAC / law enforcement recommended documents

Rob Golding rob.golding at astutium.com
Thu Jul 14 08:35:40 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-14 08:58, Catalyst-Vaibhav Aggarwal wrote:
> So now v agree to say that GAC / Law enforcement is over reaching
> and suggestions, pants made are baseless and have no argument.

You appear to turn many ideas / comments you don't understand into some
sort of personal attack.

Perhaps if you had
* read the document
* understood the document
* attended any of the multiple Registrar&LEA meetings where some of
their wants (most of which they never expected to get and many of which
they couldn't provide any reason for asking for)
you wouldn't be jumping so quickly to these weird conclusions.

> YET we come back to the table and talk of Privacy and other related
> factors. How can it be ?

One (of many) examples ..

LEAs wanted the personal details, home address etc of senior STAFF of a
Registrar listed on a website.

Not simply provided (as is law in most locales) to the company
regulating authority in that region - most of whom DO NOT make that
information public without a warrant for very valid reasons

Not even just submitted to ICANN (as indeed much information about the
management of a registrar already is) for them to know / leak

But published for anyone and everyone on the registration website

If someone LEA or otherwise wants to to talk to my Registrar, they can
do so at the office (by appointment) or by phone or by email or through
the ticket system or any number of other *appropriate* and *documented*
methods - they DO NOT need to know about and turn up at my HOME address

Rob
Rob Golding   rob.golding at astutium.com
Astutium Ltd, Number One Poultry, London. EC2R 8JR

* domains * hosting * vps * servers * cloud * backups *