[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] "Thanks" is Trademarked!

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sat Jun 11 14:05:46 UTC 2016

I personally have enjoyed the discussion on this but I would like to suggest that it is not contributing to our actions at hand and I recommend that we move on.  To the extent that any issues in this case might be helpful in our soon to begin deliberations on possible requirements, that will be the time to bring them up.  I am not suggesting that they will be relevant or not but we will have the opportunity to discuss that at the appropriate time.

I think all of us know that we will have at least two general points of view that will be at odds when we start deliberating.  If either side was as clear cut as some may think, I believe the Whois debate would have been settled a long time ago.  The fact is that it is still going on and that is why the WG exists.

Everyone will be encouraged to share their points of view as they relate to various areas of deliberation as long as it is done constructively and respectfully.  Then we will need to diligently work together in spite of our differences to find ways to bridge our differences and come up with solutions that most if not all of us can support.  This will be a big test of our willingness and commitment to make the multi-stakeholder model work for the good of the overall community and I will make every effort to help us pass that test.

Finally, let me say that I chose this point to intervene only because it was the most recent message in this thread.  My comments are not directed at Sam as the most recent contributor or Carlton as the initiator or anyone who commented in between. They are intended for all of us as a team.

Have a good weekend.

Chuck