[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Some reg'n data I think necessary (was Re: GNSO Next-Gen RDS PDP Working Group teleconference)

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:49:06 UTC 2016

Sam,

First, I think you are touching on two issues, both if which have their
complexities:

   - Privacy & proxy services (which is largely outside our remit, but
   which was just the subject of a completed PDP), which allow registrants to
   maintain contactability (if the P&P service works appropriately) while not
   revealing their "name"
   - Differentiated access (which is in our remit, as I understand it)

Second, there are more "cases" to be considered than "being abusive with
the domain name" and something "more serious" enough to invoke law
enforcement (which is what I presume you mean by 'the law").  So, yes it's
more complicated than that.

Greg