[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] For your review - updated RDS Statement of Purpose

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Oct 4 16:13:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 09:53:14AM -0400, Stephanie Perrin wrote:
> I would suggest that if you boil it down to this, you need to say " The
> Purpose of RDS is to */manage/* access to information about Domain Names,

I _almost_ object to this, because it's in fact the repository
operator(s) who manage that access (i.e. who set the relevant
operational and policies for a given user class), not the RDS.  The
RDS enforces those access policies, however.  So perhaps

    to enforce access policies to information about registration data in a [g]TLD

?

It need not be just info about domain names, name servers, or
registrars, after all.  (One example that leaps to mind is the
possible variant relations among domain names, which under some
interpretations might not be about "domain names" as such since some
of the strings might _not_ be domain names for various technical reasons).

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com